It’s been years since we all started the concept of remote staffing and do we even know when it first started? Who was hired the first remote worker in the world? History is amazing and we are all aware of the telephone invention transmitting messages even when we’re home. Phone calls have changed our lives in a very efficient and effective way especially in business and our everyday life. Next is the evolution of personal computers, the creation of mass production and many more. Clearly, all of these idea have become the concept of telecommuting. Do you agree? The concept of remote work has immediately turned to more effective ways of getting the job done. Many businesses turned their head way to this trend because of its advantages. Remote staffing has become an integral part of modern business landscape that started in the 21st century and is still continuing to expand and improve as years go by. Here are the 7 changes in remote staffing concept.
1) Established organizations begin the concept of remote work long before the technology is selected. Planning a concept and moving into a design, and sometimes funding an idea requires the creation of the prototype. Instead of hiring a team to implement a project, building a virtual team allows you flesh out the idea and evaluate market reactions. Instead of face to face staffing, a software application was developed to establish short term staffing. This provides remote staffing with highly qualified candidates to meet the requirements of a specific job. This can save a lot of time in looking for the right candidates and employment costs that come with head-hunters.
2) More businesses are embracing the new trend because it’s cost efficient. According to survey, global respondents said that they intend to hire remote staff more in the upcoming years. Hiring remote workers don’t just save money on salaries but also other employment related cost such as corporate taxes, utility expenses, office space and health insurance.
3) Remote workers are benefiting in work at home concept as well because this becomes suitable for people aiming for work life balance. Surveys claim that these people are more satisfied with their job and are happier. They feel more important and cared of by their employers and gave them high marks for consistent open communication. They are also more productive and effective with lower stress levels.
4) Technological advancements have shown a substantial growth in every field of humanity. Technological change and progress have been taking place for a more successful business and even since the beginning of human history. Thus, through technology, communication is easier, production is massive, organization follows standardization and productivity rate is higher. Technological developments continue to infiltrate a brighter future that achieves dramatically faster output and organization goals.
5) A new solution to economic and legal challenges is cloud computing, it is a term referring to the delivery of hosted services over the internet. Cloud computing saves a lot of infrastructure cost for companies. Emerging this new technology is the new way to connect to the globe. It helps back up data, track down bugs in the system and secure it. Companies use this to save time and energy to achieve best results in a cost effective manner.
6) Marketing Process Outsourcing (MPO) is a big opportunity used to save cost in hiring public relations agencies, database agencies and email marketing agencies. This is very effective during marketing operations to fulfill marketing objectives. This provides high quality services to a wide range of clients, it also has been a growing area for business.
7) Remote support solutions that are primarily supported with support functions such as IT, HR or Accounting is now implemented and designed with security and best practices. Gaining support of both staff and customer while using the technology as an opportunity to capture information. It is very essential to gain confidence to the staff who will be using it. These remote support controls and solves any possible telecommuting problems that may occur in the future to maintain efficiency and to have a smooth work flow for remote staff.